On September 30th, the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, Herzing College encourages all staff and students (on campus and online) to take time to reflect on the impacts of residential schools and honour the survivors, their families and communities.
We are committed to providing our staff and students with the support and resources needed to learn more about truth and reconciliation and creating actionable steps that can be implemented within our campus and culture.
TRC Calls to Action
September 30th is Orange Shirt Day, which honors the story of Phyllis Webstad.
Everyone is encouraged to wear an orange shirt, purchased from an Indigenous owned business, to help spread awareness.
- Ottawa Public Library Resources
- National Arts Centre Reading List
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society
- National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Toronto Public Library Resources
Support Indigenous Owned Businesses
Research indigenous owned businesses in your local area that you can support